What is the weirdest/strangest thing you've ever found in a storage unit?

What are some of the strangest things you’ve found in storage units?

We want to know all of the weirdest, most surprising, the funniest, most disturbing, and unique things that these storage units may contain.

Comment them below :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only bought one so far but the owners of the goods ran a sex shop. The weirdest thing in there was a six foot high inflatable penis. I think it might be hard to top that but as I do this I’m bound to see stranger at some point. Lol

1 Like

I need photos of this 6 foot tall penis. For science. LOL

3 Likes

Ha Ha! Good one deweydb. Actually it’s all folded up in its box. Not inflated. I for one will not be putting my lips on it to blow it up. Lol

2 Likes

Got someones ashes(in a box) and even the funeral home didnt want them back…

2 Likes

LOL wow. What a find! Mind if I ask what you did with the contents? People probably dig up adult toys from time to time. I wonder if some items are still work reselling (sealed, packaged items)?

1 Like

Aw, that’s unfortunate :frowning:
Did you search up the name on google? Perhaps their family members would want it.

Interesting find, though.

1 Like

I still have the stuff at home. It’s all new stock sealed in boxes. I don’t know what I’ll do with it yet. I’m a single 48 year old man, I can’t have women coming to my house to buy such intimate items. It wouldn’t be proper. I had a deal with a lady at work who does home parties for this sort of merchandise. She was going to set it up in a separate table at her next party but my boss is in the buying and reselling business and I nearly lost my job for buying the locker in the first place. I had cleared it with them but they changed their minds and called it a conflict of interest and I was told I can not make deals with co workers. The long and the short of it is, for the time being I’m stuck with boxes of adult toys, lubricants, novelty items and so on. The locker did have many other neat items in it though. Antique Triner postal scale, early 1970’s Bobby Orr card in plastic. Phil Esposito card, baseball autographed by the Montreal Expos circa early 1990’s, tin wagon train lunch pail, collectable Texas Chainsaw massacre leather face figure, boxes of beautiful Christmas decorations, An envelope full of documents concerning the opening of the Phillips cable plant in Brockville Ontario from 1921, 2 Nice wood store display counters and that is just some of it.

Send me some lube and toys!

For real though, post on ebay as a lot?

1 Like

I don’t have an eBay account but that could work. Went in their site and didn’t understand it. I sometimes find this technology confusing.

The weirdest thing I have ever found was a used catbox that was put into a moving box by a professional moving company. It was in the first unit I ever bought. In some of the video’s my fiance and I make we have some strange things we come across as well. I also found a locker where there was pieces of chicken glued to construction paper. It looked like it was for a school project for a kid but why would they glue real chicken to construction paper? lol

1 Like

Hahahaha! This is officially my personal favourite weirdest/strangest find ever! I wish we could ask the previous owner what it’s for. I know parents love to hoard their children’s ‘firsts’. I wonder if it was their child’s first art piece? So funny.

BTW to prove my point that parents love to keep children’s first-of-everything,
check out number 10 on this list! http://www.infobarrel.com/The_10_Most_Surprising_and_Disgusting_Storage_Auction_Finds

1 Like

Eww! Lol. I have a friend that looks after a storage facility in my home town. He does the grass cutting empties unpayed lockers and so on. A couple of times I saw his truck there when I was going past so stopped in to see him just to see what he was pulling out of the unpayed lockers. One time someone had actually stored their dirty, unwashed dishes. They were packed into a box and covered in mold. I’m thinking it must have been a case of people having to leave their home under duress with little to no notice

We found some plastic cups that jingled. We thought it was jewelry, but it turned out to be teeth. About 3-4 kids worth of teeth. Who keeps these things???

2 Likes

Oh wow! What a find. That’s exactly what I was talking about on my previous post. Sometimes, parents really love to conserve every significant event of their kids’ life, regardless if it was monumental or not.

Good thing they were children’s teeth! :smile: You just never know what you can encounter in storage units.

2 Likes

ive been doing this for 8 months now, i have found human hair, human ashes, sex toys, coffin, guns and even a drug lab.

1 Like

I did not find. But I was watching the Justice Network and many years ago in Arizona 2 guys bought a locker at a live auction and found baby remains. Not only 1 but several. They called the police and eventually the woman was found in Florida.

Hi Rocky. I’m new to this site and was reading your post here about weird things you found. The envelope you found of the documents concerning the opening of the Phillips cable plant in Brockville caught my attention, as my sister and brother-in-law purchased this plant about 10 years ago (it had long been closed and empty by this point). Did you end up shredding these documents?

1 Like

Hi Freedom 54 I still have them. Would never destroy historical documents like these. Would you like to see them?

Strangest thing Iv found was paper shredded and tied together, neatly placed in boxes and filled two lock boxes. Not sure why they would lock this away :confused:… Also found teeth, ashes, and hair.