What does everyone think of the new layout for the website?

Is it just me or is anyone else really annoyed at the new layout? I liked it the other way bc I could choose by city or my fav storage facility. Now I can’t even tell what time the auctions end. What the fudgicles!!! LOL I love Bid 13 but this is so frustrating. Some sites have a button if you want to view in the old setup that you can use. I can see the new set up being useful if you are watching several auctions at once but you still have to go into each to bid which takes up valuable time when it’s count down time. If we could bid without going into each one with this new format that would be amazing.

This is actually a really amazing idea. I’ve added it to our list. I can’t promise this one soon though because it is going to take some time and a lot of testing to get right. And right now we’re backlogged with a lot of other requests.

Yeah, I was kind of worried about that with the new countdown timers. I’m going to add a tooltip so you can hover over them and see the date. Or something like this, I’m still trying to work out the best way to solve this problem, but i can promise it is on our radar.

Searching by city and state will be added back onto the site this week.

Thanks for your feedback, I will update you again once we have resolved some of these issues.

1 Like

Thank you for giving us a forum to chat with like mind people and to help you tweak the new layout.
Have an Amazing day! :smile:

1 Like

I haven’t used it enough to comment much yet. It is definitely a change from the old one. But still 1000 times better then the “other” major Canadian site!!!

1 Like

I do not care for the new web site at all. The old one was perfect.
I put in my country , and province I got what I wanted…:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:
Now I get the US . I have not bid on a thing with this new site.
Like I’m going down to the US to buy any thing… NOT.
WISH THEY WOULD PUT THINGS BACK THE WAY THEY WERE
Thanks
Littlebit.

2 Likes

Absolutely hate the new layout :tired_face:

2 Likes

I would like to be able to select units in a State as I currently get a bunch of Canadian units when I log in. I do like that old units come up when you select a storage site though.

2 Likes

I’m with the others. I find the new site really hard to use. My internet service is terrible here but the videos did work on the old site…not on the new one. Adrian has been really good trying to resolve this but the problem remains. I do look at the still pictures but have to re-enter my postal code and search distance every time I want to check out a new locker. Very cumbersome. I do like the appearance of the new site though. Much more modern looking but like most modern things, doesn’t work very good. Just my 2 cents on the topic.

1 Like

Missing the comments section at the bottom. Not that many people used it, but I miss it none the less. Even though Petroski isn’t around anymore to banter back at me.

1 Like

Hey Littlebit & RJ1. Sorry for the delayed response, we’ve been working like mad to fix the issues that people have mentioned. We added a filter that excludes auctions from across the border unless you specifically request them by checking the checkbox that says “Include cross border results”.
You can see that here: https://bid13.com/auctions

Also, you can search by province now, on this page: https://bid13.com/search

Hey Rocky, we have fixed this issue, you can click the box in the search area that says “Save my search settings” and then click the green search button, and next time you go back to the search page it will pull up the settings as you saved them.

https://bid13.com/auctions

It was there. In the design files. We were planning on having this. And then we ran out of time. Upper management got uppity about getting the site out there. So some things got cut. We do plan to add the comments back though. And thanks for the vote. We’ve bumped this up to a higher priority.

1 Like

Yes I noticed that yesterday. Very much improved, Thank You. I also like that we can search by region again. Still having trouble with the videos though. This could be because of my crappy internet provider although I could watch them on the old site with the same provider. If I write the facility name and unit number down and then just go to YouTube and do a search there then I can watch it on YouTube. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue since the new site has been up.

1 Like

Hey Lockerboss comments are back now. :slight_smile:

Could you please put the date and time the locker auctions end. It makes me crazy just seeing the timer. On the other sites they put both. So frustrating if you are watching more than one and they are different dates and times. Your consideration of my request is greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

I agree, I would like to see this as well.

1 Like

@Fred_s_not_Here @Rocky_1968

You can now see the start dates by clicking on the countdown timers it will toggle between countdown and start date each time you click. I’m going to add a little icon to make this more obvious as well.

-Adrian

1 Like

Thanks Adrian. I just noticed that last night. Noticed the countdown timer is blue and wondered so hit it to see. An icon would be good though.

1 Like

Hi Admin I appreciate the effort it must have taken to do that but… It would be even better if you kept the countdown and on the line below have the End date and time of the auctions. When you are watching multiple auctions I want to visually see each time and date as well as the countdown. I don’t want to have to click on the count down for each one that is not very efficient. If I was only watching one that would probably work but I am very visual so like to see both. Thanks for working on it.

Hey @Fred_s_not_Here & @Rocky_1968 thanks for the continued feedback. I’ve added your votes for these features too our tracker, and will update you when they are implemented.

-Adrian

1 Like

Could you please indicate when more than one unit is owned by the same person? It’s frustrating to buy a unit and then find out that half the stuff you need is in another unit (ie: a couch in unit 100 but the cushions to it are in unit 101).
Thanks.

Hi @RoTTonSKiPPy,

Thanks for the feedback! We think that this is a good idea, and we are looking into how we could add this functionality so that the facility would be able to indicate if one unit is linked to another.

-Adrian