Unit146 purchased Aug 3rd

@Fireball
I won unit 146 from silicrest storage on Aug 3rd however the owner has given me a run around and now said he has moved on to the next highest bidder. I believe that is you. I am desperate to get my grandmother’s belongings from this unit. She passed away last week and these things are irraplacable. Please contact me to discuss if you are at all willing to help me. I am willing to pay please please please contact me at 613 539 8491
There is really nothing of value in this unit it is mainly children’s toys and clothing aside from the sentimental pictures and such.

People and their families are not allowed to bid on their own units. You should have contacted the storage facility before the auction ended and just offered to pay the amount owed. That being said, I hope you get your Grandmother’s stuff back.
Ask the storage facility to give the winner your phone number, and relay the message that you do want the sentimental items and photos back. The winner is usually required to return photos and documents to the storage facility anyway, so check back in a week or so. That’s about all you can do.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother but I do not have rights to this unit.

1 Like

Anyone who made a bid on the unit should be able to see the “bidding history” under the high bid number.

https://bid13.com/storage-auctions/on/gananoque/silicrest-storage/unit-146

People just need to be aware that you can’t bid on your own unit in hopes of getting it cheaper than what you owe. I have seen people try to do this at live auctions, and it just doesn’t work. Most places will work with you if you don’t have all the money to pay off your storage bill to get it out. You just need to be up front and honest with them.

Just to clarify it wS not my unit. It was a long time family friend. She did contact the storage before the auction even started to pay off the remainder of her bill and was refused. She also has offered to pay any legal fees he might have had. I won the locker for more than she had owed so definitely not at all about that. Thank you for the information though and all I can do is hope he will pass on a number to the purchaser and/or I can retrieve my grandmother’s personal things from storage owner however this far he has not been very willing to help me in anyway as he had an issue with the family friend that has rented this unit and since it was not my unit he has pretty much said I have no rights to any personal belongings. I am just desperately trying to go about this in a fair and honest way. I am at a loss as I have no experience with anything storage related .

Ya, that doesn’t sound right at all. A storage facility shouldn’t be able to refuse the owner from paying off their unit and retrieving their belongings until the auction is final. I would look into the storage lien laws of your state and see if your friend has a case. Also look over the rental agreement, it should have some information on it. Also, Bid13 is really good about looking into these things, you might want to contact them directly and express your concerns. Best of luck.

So i see you actually won the unit again. Please can i have my pictures.

It’s in the rules that any pictures or personal belongings must be returned to the place the auction was held. if there is photos they have to return them… If they don’t then that’s a brutal move.