The previous owner called me!

I feel like this was wrong in so many ways. I won a bid last Wednesday and I FINALLY got ahold of the storage place on Sunday. Today I got a call from the previous leaser of the unit and THE STORAGE OWNER gave her my phone number! She was asking if I could possibly give her this and that back. Hey @BID13, do you not have some sort of privacy clause where this is absolutely unacceptable!? Now she is asking to meet me at the storage. I feel I’m caught in a bad situation! Please email me at clemensbrandon@myyahoo.com and explain what I should do in this bizarre situation

Geez that’s uncomfortable . What did you end up doing ? I wouldnt meet them in person .
Maybe just drop some items off at the storage facility that were sentimental , so they can pick up later on .

I understand your point. You shouldn’t be put in that situation unless you want to be there. The buyer of one of our units said he likes to reach out to the previous owner and give them stuff. Personal items and cloths, shoes that you couldn’t sell you may not mind giving back.

It’s eye opening to me to hear your concern. It is a difficult situation if you don’t want to see the previous owner because all the Storage facility owner wants is all the stuff gone. Dropping it off for later is a problem for the owner.

Omg…this just happened to me as well. Facility gave out my name and number. I didn’t recognise the number and let it go to voicemail. It was his mother calling. The unit when I got there to see it was soo bad. Used needles everywhere. It was obvious this was a unit to “cook and use” in. I took the big stuff out, came back next day with a shovel and 15 garbage bags. No way was I going through everything and risk getting poked with used needles…now she’s asking if I found personal info she can have…nope. didn’t even look through. If needles/pipes/ whatever else was there, not touching it and into the garbage.

Sucky situation. . . But honestly if you bought the unit to make $, do just that make some $. And at the same time you’re helping somebody get things that are precious to them back that they otherwise would have lost. One way or another they should have to pay something, you did. Giving them a chance to get something back and not have to come up with an amount that they couldn’t manage to catch up . . . I think it’s paying for and having a little bit of a heart to give them a chance to buy a little something back not like everything unless they got the money that you want for it but if it’s personal stuff like IDs or socials or baby stuff pictures that’s a lot different than big things that you can sell that’s just stuff you’re going to be thrown off to the side anyway why not make a little something on it just thought!

1 Like

When you buy a locker and the previous owner asks you for some items, it would depend on what she is asking for! If they are sentimental items that hold no real value, no point in keeping them but if she wants items back that have value, she’s gonna have to buy them back! I do not just give my stuff away!