Peigan Trail Storage

I just had an issue with a locker I had purchased… Peigan Trail storage… It was my first locker, pretty naive… but excited… I studied the poor quality pictures and was excited… I had filmed the opening of the locker… and was very upset to see the locker had been gone through… boxes moved chair tipped over… very disappointing … I didn’t know my rights…I told the guy working there that I was disappointed that someone went through my locker… he called the owner, on speaker phone…the guy was flipping out! Calling me names… I clarified I am not accusing any one… I just have facts… video… He called me Sherlock Holmes…His tone and words completely clarified his guilt…As I went through it It was clearly staged… There was nothing of any value… four tires and rims… ,miss matched. Cordless drill with dead batteries… The washer and dryer that looked promising is a specialty set that will be hard to unload… (meant to go under counter,no panels on the front) there was Ikea shelves but incomplete End tables with glass tops missing… I quickly emptied the locker and got my deposit back… When I got home I found on this website that it is illegal to go through a locker… I should of refused it … Had I known. I accept that I lost… I don’t accept that I was screwed… When I called Bid13 and told them about it they seemed to care and said they had another issue with them… but they did not get back to me at all… I see integrity has no moral compass… Peigan Trail Storage is still doing business with them…
Since then I had been to a few auctions and have heard a few bad stories about them and no one would want to do business with them… When I had talked to an auctioneer about them they had said that they had talked to Peigan Trail Storage and they would not work with them because of concerns…
If you read this and still do business with then… let it be known the risk reward ratio is not in your favor…

In our little town in Washington, the law says that we are not allowed to step into or touch ANYTHING inside the unit.There are strict laws governing our rights and responsibilities as an accredited storage facility. We ARE able to stand at the door and maneuver the camera as much as possible in order to get the best possible views for the buyers, and its highly unlikely that a facility that is reputable, will break these laws. If there were an employee or staff member caught doing such things at OUR facility- obviously they would be fired immediately! Also, we see so much of people’s belongings throughout the year from them moving in or out, leaving stuff, selling stuff or just requesting help with something that needs moved etc -Its not commonplace to desire anything belonging to a customer usually. That’s not to say I haven’t admired certain items of someone’s but never enough to STEAL them AND at the risk of losing my job too?? Yeah…NO. Lol, that’s just common sense to me and my staff anyway.( Geez, I have enough of my own crap, let alone somebody else’s anyways.) It’s unfortunate that these types of things happen at all, but Im not sure its very common.
Also, I personally dislike storage auctions at all. I think its awful to sell someones things. It is a part of my job that I dislike very much. I understand the company needing to recover their losses but I wish there was another way around it. I do EVERYTHING possible, to try and help someone to come up with a plan so that they can pay before they go to auction. Its the last thing we WANT to do for sure.And then theres those who get behind…and never call me again, too. Then I’m STILL trying to contact them afterward to hopefully return the personals that the buyer returned.9 I have little or no success most of the time, unfortunately.) I also tell my potential customer’s that if anything should happen and they are unable to avoid foreclosure, to be sure and come back and request the personals from after their unit gets sold. I don’t think people are familiar with that part of the law either. They usually didn’t know anything whatsoever about getting their personals back, free of charge, no questions asked. Nor do they realize that there is a certain amount of time that we are required, by law, to keep the returned items after a foreclosure sale- so being vigilant about requesting any personals is always vitally important. Sorry for your experience!!