New facility owner here with my first auction in Michigan

I’m the owner of a very small storage facility in Michigan posting my first auction soon. I browsed some of the posts on the forum where bidders were complaining about opened boxes and lack of dust on the boxes as indicators of unscrupulous facility owners.

In Michigan I’m allowed to relocate the items to another location so I can re-rent the unit. This obviously means the boxes have been jostled and positioned in a way that may appear suspicious. Also, I’m required to identify, in my notices required by the state, the contents of boxes and containers of the lot which obviously means I have to open them.

As a new guy, I’m curious how the pictures I’ve taken of the contents of my unit with opened boxes and lack of dust will be seen by experienced bidders. Thanks

To me it wouldn’t be an issue as I only consider the value of the items I can see when deciding what I want to bid so the boxes are just “wild cards”. And lack of dust might just mean that the guy never paid his bill after the first month, or that the facility is on a paved street in an urban area rather than a gravel road on the edge of town.