Insane Hot Streak

Has anyone ever been on a hot streak that feels unbelievable before? I have been buying for 4 years and I have never been on this kind of profit streak in my 4 years. My old boss bought storage units and I never saw him get this many good rooms in a row. I haven’t lost money on a room in almost 5 months. I don’t have the most insane profits on all of the rooms but I am used to having a dud here and there and some times where you either lose some money or only come close to breaking even. In the last 5 months I have profited at least 200 bucks on every single unit I have bought. I have also had high profits of 1500-2000 on units I only spent 50 bucks on. I hope my luck stays this way but I was wondering if any has ever had this happen before? I still can’t believe it is real!

4 Likes

I think a big part of it comes with experience and knowing what to bid on an auction. A while back we had a guy winning a lot of units in Canada, and I got to know him pretty well over the years he was using the site. It was pretty rare that he got a dud unit, but he had been doing this for 20+ years. Unfortunately he’s no longer around, he lost a long battle with cancer. :disappointed:

1 Like

Agreed. Fuck cancer. My dad is a throat cancer survivor.

I Agree experience plays a big roll. I know the lockers I buy now compared to when I started are a lot different. This is just some surreal streak Alyssa and I have been on. It is helping us prepare for our upcoming wedding nicely.

I bought a unit online and when we got to it it smelled like pee. You could smell it from the elevator. We though we finally broke our streak but in the back was a suitcase and it had some really good tools and a backpack with an ipod and phone. Ended up turning a 10 doller pee room into 250 dollar profit to both of our utter shock.

2 Likes

It’s nice when the sows ear turns out to be a silk purse. Congratulations on your winning streak Darthexecute here’s hoping it goes on for a long time. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding too.

Thanks! Hope everyone here gets on a streak like this as well. I havent won a unit on bid 13 yet but I will be trying for tomorrow. Hoping its a good one!

2 Likes

Good luck on bidding on your first unit!

1 Like

Iv been buying for a year now started with just auctions then moved to storage auctions I haven’t bought a locker I haven’t profited on yet couple I only made a few hundred but Iv never lost any money yet fingers crossed

2 Likes

That’s great! :smiley: Are you enjoying winning storage auctions over regular auctions?

Well I did regular auctions for years you always know what your getting for the most part especially live auctions sometimes I’d buy a few mystery skids and hope for the best but lockers are so much different you really never know what your going to get I bought a 90$ locker and ended up with 2 sugar cane juicers hidden under a table retail was around $4000 complete surprise and that’s why I keep buying them is the treasure hunt ! And the format of bid 13 has been my favourite out of the 4 sites Iv been useing for storage lockers by far

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. A person’s entire life could be stored inside that locker. It’s always a surprise.

Sounds like you have been hitting the jackpot in storage auctions :slight_smile:

Glad to hear Bid13 is your favourite site! Good luck on your next treasure hunt and don’t forget to tell us all about it!

1 Like