Glitch in the system

I recently bid on a unit that’s still active, Im the highest bidder, I went to increase my max bid to 1000, but then it bid again but my user name came up as anonymous, then I logged into my computer to try and set my max bid to 1200 then it bid 1201, So My original bid I was sitting at 814$, now it’s sitting at 1201, so I’ve up bid myself 387$ on the unit that I was originally winning, no other user has bid on it since it was originally sitting at the 814 mark. I don’t know how this has happen, can someone adjust this?

Thanks for letting us know about this! You should only be able to bid when you are logged in, and not anonymous. We were able to fix the issue, thanks to you. Please always feel free to reach out whenever you experience any glitches, and our tech team will always do our best to fix it immediately, like they did today.

Good luck on your auction hunt! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ths same thng hase happend to me just naw was bdding on a unit that showed i was the only bid on it and all of a sudden it sed i bit it to 101 loged in on my computer anad it read lke 17 more hours to go i left grabed food came home and loged back in and the unit was no whare to be found then it popt up saying i was out bidded by a nuther person and i sher ase hell was not gon four 17 hours to grab supper i also notice a cupol more unts that wher at the same ase myn t naw says 12 hours agan wasent gon four 5 hours ither maby a hour and a half 2 max so i lost a unit to this user with at least 12 hours on the clock nice can someone fix this cus this isent right thanks

Hi Chevyman!

We’ve replied to the email you have sent us, but if you haven’t seen it yet, we’re happy to explain it again! The unit you are referring to is this one: https://bid13.com/storage-auctions/on/brantford/self-storage-co-brantford/unit-d62

In this case, there wasn’t any glitch. This auction was not completed and there was no winner declared. The tenant has come in to pay their outstanding debt, and the auction was then cancelled.

Believe me, cancellations frustrate us too. The only way we make money here at Bid13 is when an auction finalizes. So cancellations usually mean we put in all of this work into an auction, and don’t get the pay off for it. However, because tenants are legally allowed to pay for their units up until the auction closes (and in some cases after an auction ends, but before the auction buyer pays for the unit), it is just part of the auction game that we have to accept.

The great thing is, lots of units do finalize! So, please make sure you pay attention to all the emails we send out, as they do help you keep better track of the state of the auction.

We wish you the best of luck, and hope you get the next one! :grin:

ok that makes sens all i see on my end is some user by the name of blaster somthng won it four 1 buck more and time flew bye it defently was a serprys

THis has happen to me before as well, thinking this is awesome, I’m winning, then boom cancelled lol then you like nooooooo! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t mind cancellations. I don’t want anyone to lose their stuff unless they honestly don’t care about it anymore or just can’t afford to keep it. I figure if they can’t afford to keep it in storage then I am doing them a favor by paying their bill for them in exchange for the stuff that’s in there. It keeps them from getting bad credit marks against them and they don’t go into collection that way.