Facility owner selling own storage unit

Hello,

I purchased a storage unit and while cleaning it out, I was talking to the staff at the facility. I was told the owner of the facility had just put up a new unit for auction and that the items in the unit are owned by the facilities owner.
The unit was “owned by the facility owner” and they decided to put it up for auction.

That got me thinking as to, is that even legal, and what is Bid13’s rules on this.

And that also got me thinking, no way am i going to bid on this auction. It seems sketchy that the owner of the facility would put a unit up for auction that they personally own.

Don

Hi Don,

Facilities are allowed to hold managers specials or non lien auctions on our site. They usually consist of left over items from other units that tenants leave behind. They also can hold Charity type auctions where items are donated and auctioned off. The proceeds go to a charity.

Bidders do prefer lien auctions over non lien because with a lien auction the items have not been touched.

If you have any other questions please let me know or you can contact the support staff at support@bid13.com

Hello,

How does this site let people know the difference between a lien sold unit vs a non lien unit?

Hi Don,

It says the type of unit in the auction info section, directly below the photos. For example:Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 4.45.00 PM

VS

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 4.46.44 PM