Deposit info

So you pay 200 for a deposit but have to leave the unit undamaged. What if it was damaged by the tenant when they move in. Do you just get screwed out of your money

Hi Lucifer_angel23

The cleaning deposit is for clearing out the content in the unit. Some facilities require you to sweep the unit as well. If you noticed that the unit is damaged while you are cleaning it out be sure to notify the facility right away.

Most facilities have surveillance so you should be okay if you did not damage anything, Still always bring it to the facilities attention if damage is found.

1 Like

Do you get the deposit back?

Hi Sethnashley!

Once the unit is cleared out and cleaned out, you will get your cleaning deposit back! It exists to ensure proper cleaning of the unit in totality. Think of it like a safety deposit for home rentals.

1 Like

So if we left stuff behind we loose the deposit but does the account get affected i mean if we payed the full amount of the unit plus the deposit and left it behind or we couldent clear it for whatever reason what will happen then do we get banned from bidding ?

Hi Manuwel,

Yes you would get banned. The deposit is not a payment a cleaning service. It is a retainer such that you will empty the unit out completely. You are always expected to remove the entire contents of any unit you win, failure to do so will result in an account ban.

They failed to tell me and they lied to me if you use a debit card you have to wait 5 to 10 days to get the money back, I also believe my storage locker was also staged there was things missing everything was dumped out , you don’t know if anybody’s gone in there before they cut the lock off they could just put any lock on there I wasn’t happy after paying $500 down 300 on a deposit for a locker for the garbage that I couldn’t even get my deposit back for for 10 days

Hi Timmy,
This happens for all visa-debit and mastercard-debit cards with returns, and is not unique to the self storage or storage auction industry. In some cases you can expedite the return by contacting the number on the back of your card and asking your bank to release the hold.

No it was royal bank debit card and still waiting for my money. It’s a joke

Hi Timmy,
We don’t accept regular debit cards, the only way you can sign up for Bid13 is with a Visa or Master Card. What you used was a Royal Bank Visa Debit card. And what I said above holds true. This is not industry or even vendor specific. This is entirely because of how your bank handles refunds. When we release the funds, any further holds placed on the funds is from your bank, and we have no control over that. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.