Can storage lockers once up for auction and bid on be canceled?

Once locker or items have been posted up for auction and have LEGAL BIDDERS.
Be able to cancel?

1 Like

That question has crossed my mind as well.

Yes. From our terms of service:

“Bid13 retains the right to withdraw the sale of any unit at any time prior to the award of winning bid and payment there of.”

And if you really think about it guys, you don’t want a locker that someone paid up on at the last minute. Personally I would not want that on my conscience. I want lockers that were legitimately abandoned and the tenant will never come back and pay. If there is any chance at all that a tenant is able to make good on their outstanding rent, I personally would strongly prefer that over being able to purchase that locker. After all, we are talking about people’s personal belongings here.

6 Likes

I agree. Just something I wondered about. I actually work for an auctioneer and I know that during a live auction the auctioneer has the right to shut it down at any time. He must still complete transactions where a bid has been placed and accepted but does have the right to stop selling at any time. Until a bid is accepted by the auctioneer the transaction is deemed not to have taken place. Sounds like the same applies here. Thanks for clarifying.

Duty of warehouser if charges paid before sale

7 (1) At any time before the goods are sold, any person claiming an interest or right of possession in the goods may pay the warehouser the amount necessary to satisfy the lien, including the expenses incurred in serving notices and advertising and preparing for the sale up to the time of the payment.

(2) The warehouser must deliver the goods to the person making the payment if that person is the person entitled to the possession of the goods on payment of the warehouser’s charges on them, otherwise the warehouser must retain possession of the goods according to the terms of the contract of deposit.

I am wondering, when the auction closes on the locker and before I can make the payment at the facility, if the person who owned the contents before walks in and pays his late charges, if I am then out that locker now. Because how I read our Warehouseman’s Lien Act the unit is sold once the time runs out and therefor the bids have been accepted. The highest bidder is the winner. 7(1) says" if before the goods are sold" A concluded auction would mean sold to the highest bidder? Or am I wrong?

1 Like

Well, what’s the answer?

I am hoping to have contact from the winner from the auction of SC259 Iand SC311 was told that my belongings were gone when I had contacted the storage company to pay for them. Come to find out through a friend that they were up for auction and I was about to loose everything. Please contact me via e mail or phone as the bid13 has my contact number. I have gone through a really rough year with finding out my husband 's sister has breast cancer, his brother has bladder cancer and he has a tumor on his spine. I would love to be able to buy my items back if that was even a chance or the unwanted items because I never intended on letting them go. I was just dealing with way to mush at the time. Please contact me reguarding this.

Thanks in advance