200$ Deposit Fee

First time buyer here, I noticed a 200$ Deposit Fee to clean out lockers.
if and when I win a locker does the 200$ get taken from my account? and once I clean out the locker do I get it back?

thanks

Hi Oley49,

The $200 deposit is a cash cleaning deposit that you give to the facility upon arrival. Once you clear out the unit the facility will return your deposit to you.

The charge you get from us on your credit card is a 15% buyers fee. For example if you win an auction with the final bid price at $100, Bid13 will only charge you $15 (plus tax if you’re a residence in Canada) on your credit card. You would still need to pay the full $100 to the facility upon arrival.

If you have any other question please contact us at support@bid13.com

most charge 100 cleaning fee why is yours so much?

$200 is mostly just an example since it is usually the standard price for larger units. We leave the cleaning deposit policy up to the facility. In reality, the cleaning deposits vary from facility to facility We know of one facility on Bid13 that has a $20 cleaning deposit for their units.

Before bidding on a unit, we encourage you to look at the terms of conditions listed underneath the auction video to be clear on the pick up timeline as well as the cleaning deposit for that unit. It won’t always be the same as the last unit.

I have no clue it’s not a fee either it’s a deposit and I don’t plan on not cleaning out lockers I win at that cost

Yup, that’s the idea behind the cleaning deposit. It’s just there to ensure that buyers fully clear the locker, and not just cherry pick it. I know it sounds crazy, but it does happen. The facilities who have higher cleaning deposits usually do so because they’ve been burnt by a previous buyer who has left a large chunk of the contents in the unit under a lower cleaning deposit.

Rest assured, the deposit will always be returned to you once you have shown that the locker has been fully cleared.

So how does that work? Does the 200$ get taken from my bank account right as I win? and then resent back after? I wouldn’t even notice till a few days following
And I guess cash is the preferred method of payment?

The only payment that will be happening online is your buyer’s fee payment. Everything else will be paid directly to the facility in the payment method they have requested on the auction page (the same page you bid on). The cleaning deposit will almost always be a cash deposit, just so that it can be easily returned to you.

1 Like