Lockers filled with leftovers from other units

seen a locker on here an wanted to try for it but after further inspection it looked a little funny like it was just extra bags from other lockers so messaged bid13 support to see if this was possible and was informed that it could be but it would be sold as a managers special see email
( If a facility has units that do not have a winning bidder, they are allowed to empty the units and distribute the contents at their discretion.

It is called a Manager’s Special and it is a non-lien auction.)

which this unit had no mention of and was stated as lien abandoned
so i bid and ended up winning after :slight_smile: but short lived happiness go pay for the unit and start loading it in the car then notice all the bags have been re bagged ie every black garbage bag had been torn open and then re bagged as well as having tags on them with different names and what seems to be unit numbers so long story long ended up with a unit with nothing but garbage in it literally and figuratively
so not happy to say the least
so has any one else had this problem with units on this site ??

HIGH BID
$49
Bidding History

HIGH BIDDER
rcr858

TIME LEFT
Feb 15, 2019 09:00 AM EST

AUCTION INFO
Unit Type: Lien (Abandoned)
Unit Size: 5x5
Deposit: $200
Cleanout Time: 3 Days
Phone: +1 (416) 281-9605
KEYWORDS
Garbage BagsClothes

Hi!

In cases like this, we ask that the buyers reach out when they have noticed that the unit was mis-listed. It is never U-Haul or Bid13’s intention to mislead buyer’s, and we do realize mistakes like that can happen. For next time, please reach out to us if you ever win a Manager’s Special that wasn’t listed correctly. We’d happily refund you on our end.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out via email at support@bid13.com, or by phone at our toll free number 1-844-348-2776 ext 500.

This exact thing happened to me with newmarket Apple storage. I may have got somewhere if i took it to small claims but then it would have been for my own satisfaction and costed me more than it was worth. Bid13 reimbursed me the fee which i apprectiated. But yeah other than the cost of the unit I spent an extra $70 throwing 90%of the unit away.

OH man, that totally makes me not want to even try this!:persevere: (I’m in central Ontario aswell)

Just need to be careful what you bid on