For Wisconsin Staging of Units

Does anyone know if staging a unit is even legal.
I have read the statues for Wisconsin and it seems like a grey area to me. Sometimes on this site and more often on others theirs clear signs of tampering. So the storage facility has gone in moved stuff and (hopefully ) not cherry picked in order to show off some better pics. But these unit are still redeemable up till the date they are paid for…cant they be sued for theft if the owner redeems these and they happened to grab a few items(i always assume this if there whiling to move stuff.) Personally my policy is to pay half of what i may have been willing to on any tampered unit. Obviously this is only applicable to lien unit not manager specials… On a side note i talked to a facility attendant/manager once when i bought some units (not sure which site i purchased through anymore) we get to talking and hes instructed to move things around and get best pics open stuff up ect… (also admitted to “confiscating fireworks from units”…wasn’t the smartest guy i ever talked to…)

Is anyone gonna answer this person’s question? I’d like to know as well.

What I had thought about doing a few times now. is going and having someone unrecognizable rent a unit and leave a low power hidden surveillance cam that is set up to send text alerts of any movement over sms (using a cell hone chip and current paid plan for the internet) and intentionally leaving multiple boxes of things of high value or like little ring boxes or jewlerry boxes and stuff to intice staff to go and check them out if they were the type to tamper and then let the locker go unpaid until it goes for auction and find out once and for all.

1 Like