Do you have any suggestions for the new bid13 website?

Hello!! I have to admit I like the music in the video.
The whole site is well done especially with the ability to check out what units have sold for in your area.
The only request I would ask for is the ability to zoom in on a picture and have them clear. Your competition site has this and it really helps.
No you and the competitor have some great site layouts and you both care what your members want. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

I totally agree,the pictures posted are terrible and the videos are no better!

1 Like

Give us better quality pictures. No fisheye lens. Better lighting. I will not bid on lockers with terrible pics. Thanks, Jeff Ellis 360 430 0306

A month ago I thought we were making progress in Washington and Oregon towards better pictures. As of today, maybe as bad as ever. Bid13, don’t you care? Get rid of the “fisheye” lens! Thanks, Jeff Ellis 360 430 0306

Instead of auctions ending all at the same time,usually on the hour,stagger
them out by 5-10 minutes so you have time to check your bids.If you are
bidding on multiple units it is really hard to check in a timely fashion.

1 Like

This is a very cool idea, I like it a lot and have asked our developers to work this into the next major version of bid13.

Thank you for the feedback, we will look at adding a zoom feature.

The fish eye is a side effect of filming the units with a wide angle lens. These lens are pretty standard in GoPro cameras and are really great at capturing the whole contents of a unit from up close (filming from the unit door). But I do agree that the fish eye effect isn’t great. We are currently in the process of sourcing some new cameras that have a feature called Lens Distortion Correction which essentially removes the fish eye effect, while still retaining the advantages of a wide angle shot. If you are concerned about a specific facility’s videos please email our support team and let us know, we could send that facility

A review on each location. The storage facility must be held responsible if they mess up

1 Like

One idea is to have empty fields for facilities to fill in while posting units .
Unit location Inside/ outside drive up unit.
Date rented , this helps on units because its becoming more common for people to set up units for auction and would add a layer of protection for buyers to protect themselves
Obvious signs of rodents water damage or smell, it could be written that its just opinion and not a guarantee, this is probably the biggest hurdle for buyer between online and live. And just because it has signs of Rats doesn’t mean buyer won’t buy. We buy them all the time in live auctions.
Suggestions for facilities don’t tell lien tenants there unit is online,

This is a really cool idea. I am adding this to our feature list. Thank you.

Could not agree more.Having said that, at live auctions it is called a “buyers premium” not “fee”.This causes buyers remorse when paying because when bidding you have to always remind yourself "it’s 15% more than I bid,then you have HST on top…all of a sudden you didn’t get a bargain.On a successful bid of say $100 it becomes $128 …ugh!

I’m going to reply to my own previous comment.I am a member of another 2 auction sites ( online ) and I have discovered that Bid13 seems to have much higher bids for their units. Buyers pay attention…15% premium fee PLUS 13% HST. I go to auctions to get a bargain and my pockets are obviously not as full ($) than the competing bidders.Therefore I’m going to be very selective on my bids and units that I bid on. There is just an odour here that I can’t determine.Thanks

Go to storage treasures then where u get one pic and the lockers have been picked before they stage them to sell

Dont tell lien units that their unit is online?? Wow. Just WOW.

I posted this as a separate topic, since it isn’t really website. But it would be connected. Just wondering whether there has been any thought of a mobile app for Bid13?

I was originally thinking of it from the seller’s perspective. It seems it would be great to be able to take the pictures and video on a phone and then just upload them and create the auction that way, rather than working through a browser to create the auction.

But then I thought about it from the buyer’s side as well. If they can flag all the auctions they are following so those show up right away and perhaps they could get push notifications when they have been outbid rather than depend on email, they would know immediately.

Just a thought.

We are working on a mobile app and it will have both support for sellers and buyers.

This is a great idea!

This is a great idea!