Do you have any suggestions for the new bid13 website?

Hi there i suggested in another reply that i think the smaller units like half units 4x4 5x5 5x10 should have a smaller cleaning deposit and larger one s more but reasonable

Hi Jersh and Canadiangirl47,

Thank you for your suggestions about the cleaning deposit. I have brought this to my superiors attention.

@Jersh for the start dates on the auctions, most facilities put their auctions up in accordance to their lien laws. This means that some auctions may have to end on specific days like a Saturday or Sunday.

As for entering units to get a better idea of what is inside, some laws state that sellers are not allowed to enter the units as it still is property of the tenant.

@Canadiangirl47 can you inform us which facility has the blurry pictures? We would love to get them equipped with better film gear.

Thank you both for your suggestions and if you have anymore please feel free to post them here.

Thanks for replying back
I also find maybe itā€™s just me that some of the facilities scan stuff
pretty quickly and its actually hard to seeā€¦ Brantford storage co on Elgin
is really dark pictures or blurry there last ones were that just finished
very hard to see in the units not sure if it was the lighting in the unit
ā€¦ and I find the other one one hess sometimes and econo storage hamilton
sometimesā€¦

And I also find with the picture u cant expand them they stay at regular
size so it makes it hard to see sometimes as well ā€¦

I normally just stick within my area for lockers ā€¦hope this helps

1 Like

That or give them your creditcard upon arrival, Iā€™ve had to bow out of auctions because I only had 300$ to spend, but with bringing 200$ deposite that means I canā€™t go higher than 70$ on a bidā€¦ so at times it sucks.

HI Treasure seekersā€¦Purchased 7 units in the past 6 months.Loving itā€¦My friends and family keep asking about when I will restock the clothes rack.I say itā€™s plenty full,Bring a friend over.I can dispose trash at $65 a ton about 5 miles away,so thatā€™s nice.And I know Iā€™m keeping someone at the church busy sorting the clothes out too.Havenā€™t rode a bike in years.I did and sold them fast.Washers and dryers are quick moneyā€¦
I would like to rate these sellers.Iā€™m learning as I go.facilities with M-W-F hours 9-2 pm are rough at getting the unit and the recovering the deposit.Have spent unnecessary time.
Maybe not rate,But have each location have a board where buyers can make notes of these things for future purchasers.
'This place is great,Guy met me as soon as I called him"ā€¦Also I have been granted a lesser security deposit with multiple unit s at the same place.
With that being said.If you post or comment,The unit owners would be able to rate you as a buyerā€¦This guy hit my fence,Doesnā€™t know how to sweep etc. etc.
Good Luck All
Douglas

1 Like

I would think a longer clear video would bring bigger Moneyā€¦Makes sense for facilities to take the time to get the$$$$$.

2 Likes

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for sharing your experience using Bid13. Iā€™m glad things having been positive for the most part. I have sent your suggestion about individual cleaning deposit prices for different size units to our management. As for the longer videos, we try to encourage our facilities to take time and to film for at least a minute. We will continue to educate them as we go.

Thank you again for your suggestions.

Do you need clothes, I have plenty for sale from a unit I won off here, lol

1 Like

I just have a quick question - are the auctions on the units remaining the same like 23 day starts ā€¦I am just wondering why they are so long ā€¦it does not really matter to me but it just drags out longer is it the Facility that decides this? or it is the Bid 13 team just was a question i had

Here at Bid13 we allow the facilities to decide the auction length. Most facilities line up their auction dates with their lien notices, and lien notice requirements vary depending on the area. Some facilities are required to give 30 day notices while others are required to give 14 day notices. Usually facilities wait until the last 7 days to put up their auctions while others put them up as soon as the lien notices go out, just to get them out of the way.

Please feel free to continue to ask questions. We love it when buyers do their best to understand all of the rules that come with lien auctions.

Good job overall! Maybe we donā€™t 4 pics of the outside of the locker. That space could be better utilised to highlight whatā€™s IN the locker. Thank you

2 Likes

I think the still photos are just randomly generated from the video, but I may be wrong.

1 Like

Website works great and noticed a few changes the past few weeksā€¦Here we go with a suggestionā€¦one storage facility has 3 units all ending at the same timeā€¦My time and capacity for these units is limitedā€¦All 3 units end at the same time on the same dayā€¦My tip would be to stagger the ending times,even by a few minutes to let me see I lost the unit I really wanted and give a chance to bid on the next one. I get to bid on the next unit if I wanted one that day or pass because I got the locker I wantedā€¦HAVE FUN ALLā€¦Anyone else agree?

The only problem with that idea is that they would have to know which locker you really wanted to make sure it ended first. Iā€™ve done the math, it just doesnā€™t workā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Hey pablo. Just phone the facility, they are usually accomidating

1 Like

How do you report a shill? I canā€™t find a direct contact.

Hi cccb!

If youā€™re looking to reach Bid13, you can reach us at 1-844-348-2776 ext 501, and weā€™ll gladly help in any way that we can.

I would love to see a search by keywords function. I look for motorcycle or dirt bike on other sites and itā€™s a big help to narrow down my searches

2 Likes

looking for baby clothes new slightly used ,girls and baby things

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been suggested yet - but I think a ā€œNOT INTERESTED/DONā€™T SHOW AGAINā€ button would be useful so that we donā€™t have to see lockers that we definitely donā€™t want to bid on every time we do a search.

=) Thanks!

3 Likes