Do you have any suggestions for the new bid13 website?

@jimmar77
I made a short video on how you can control the playback speed of our videos, please take a look:

1 Like

I think your 15% buyers fee is completely outrageousā€¦ It should be a sellers fee like every other auction in the world. 15% is pretty steep when youā€™re paying 300 for a unitā€¦ This being said Iā€™m still bidding but think the fee should be coming from the sellers

2 Likes

Personally I would like the ability to talk to other bidders. Of course everyone that is open to the idea would have to sign up to allow messages from other people. I am really only curious to talk to other people who have won units to see if it was a good buy or not.

2 Likes

Hi Rookie,

You can do that via the forum, you just need to find the username, and then you can send them a PM. That or you can leave a comment at the bottom of the auction page. If you need help with contacting a specific user please let us know.

-Adrian

1 Like

Could someone please fix the email issue. still not getting invoices or outbid emails

Hi admin, the search perameters reset issue still happens and am just wondering if this is still on the agenda for fixing?

yeah the idea of the buyer paying a 15% fee is crazy, you should be charging the seller the fees not that buyer just like every other auction in the world. Stop allowing sellers to have a cash only option and try to figure out a way to stop schill bidding which is out of control on this site.

Bid 13 needs to have strict quality control over the quality of pictures and videos posted for it to have a chance of even remotely getting close to achieving being as good as a live in person auction. I just looked at the local auctions in my area and most of the pictures were so blurry you couldnā€™t even make out any detail or so pixelated it was even worse than the blurry pictures. On top of that the videos half of the time show cased filming a very dark corner you could hardly see with someone playing with a flash light pointed off in another direction. They were all so poorly done I would never bid on them, it would have had about the same effect as simply taking a picture of the door closed. I will definitely stick with in person until that issue gets thoroughly resolved. (I checked out Bid 13 because a local facility had a sign posted about it).

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t concern them too much because most bidders have more money than sense. Its ridiculous the amount of money people spend on units that clearly have very little value.

Actually the facilities taking clear pictures i am finding them to be blurry and u cant see what is in the locker at all

3 Likes

I have noticed the same thing with videos from some facilities. Not all videos but definitely some donā€™t know how to do a video. The worst thing Iā€™ve noticed is when they move the camera too quickly.

1 Like

Hey!

We agree that bad videos donā€™t help anyone at all, and itā€™s exactly why we have no problems gearing our facilities up with better camera equipment. If you can let us know what facility youā€™re referring to, weā€™ll reach out to them. Weā€™ll also give them a clear tutorial on the importance of panning slowly, and give them a better camera, all free of charge. We think itā€™s only fair that our buyers see the contents in the best quality possible.

In future cases, you can always email us at support@bid13.com and we will always do what we can to make sure our videos are as good as they can be

Yes I totally agree ā€¦ I have seen some so blurry canā€™t tell what is in the
actual locker

1 Like

Perth Store and Lock videos come to mind.

Yes, we are aware of that facility and have been working on getting them better camera equipment. Any other come to mind?

Iā€™m glad youā€™re addressing the problem with the Perth facility and helping them improve thier video quality. Thatā€™s the only one I can think of right now. Will comment here if any others come to mind.

1 Like

There is a few locations that the videos and pictures are very blurry

1 Like

Can you tell me which ones? Weā€™ll reach out to them too and gear them up with better camera equipment!

1 Like

I think they size of the unit should be the timed auction, Smaller units go for a few days where as bigger units longer period of time. 5x5 even 5x10 should have a three day post.

Cleaning deposit should be 100$

Clear photos, and those who make the video should be able to walk inside to give a better view on the content.

Other wise, everything seems great, I love this site.

And yes, end auctions on fridays, or even thursdays to give people the three days so when you win you can get there on a weekend

Good luck all!

sometimes I just hate waiting 14 days, I think a unit would make more money if the auction was posted for less time.

2 Likes

I totally agree with u in the cleaning deposits
I have won many lockers but i think that the smaller lockers should be $50 - $ 100 for like 4x4 5x5 5x10
and than the bigger units $ 200 cleaning deposits , I have been on other locker auctions sites and they charge between $ 50 - $ 100 ā€¦yes and agree clear photo s for sure ā€¦

1 Like