Auction Cancelled Then Relisted

I was the winning bidder on an auction with 1 minute left, auction was cancelled and the one week later the same locker was relisted
What BS is this?

There are a number of different reasons why auctions get cancelled but the most common one is that, the lien tenant has come in to pay their outstanding balance. When this happens, we are legally obligated to cancel the auction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Contact us directly if you have other questions.

There are multiple auctions I have followed and bid on which have been cancelled at last minute only to be relisted the next month. Same auctions for each of the last four months, obviously the storage facility is trying to get top dollar. Have contacted BID13 directly twice, nothing changes. Last minute cancellations and relisting the following month after month. This dishonesty wastes everyoneā€™s time. The games need to stop.

3 Likes

The tenant can pay their bill for a month then have their unit auctioned off again the next month for not paying again. It is a fact, it can happen. I happened to buy a unit that was $1000 over due and I got it for around $300. Pretty sure the facility people donā€™t care as long as they get a buck.

I manage a storage facility. The customer is able to pay for their unit up until the time the auction ends. Itā€™s their property and they are notified of the auction date and time. If, the very next month, they are listed again, it would be due to them not paying whatever was agreed upon and defaulting again. In your complaint, ā€œThe facility is trying to get top dollarā€ is a ridiculous statement considering we donā€™t get a penny more than what the customer owes. Our facility is bound by law to return any amount over what they owe- to the customer. In other words, the proceeds go to the customer. Furthermore, how would the facility know who would be bidding the following month, or how much the unit would sell for?? To me, it sounds as if you are upset for reasons that stem from you feeling entitled to something that doesnā€™t yet belong to you, if you have yet to truly ā€˜WINā€™ the auction which, you HAVE NOT won anything if the facility withdraws before the end of the auction- no matter their reason. THAT dishonesty must stop. You win some, and you lose some period.

1 Like

The exact same thing happened to me today. With two unit. Except mine actually said that I had won the bid. Then it just disappeared from my wins. I called and they said it was cancelled. I donā€™t understand how that is possible when I was on the site when the auction ended and it showed I wonā€¦ how can you cancel it after someone wins?? But then to find out both of them canceledā€¦ how convenient. My opinion is that they didnā€™t get the amount they wanted so they canceled them. Nobody else bud on them but me. I kept getting the same Bs answer about how they can be canceled for a number of reasonsā€¦. 2 units at the same time? That ended at the same time? That I was the only one to bud on? Iā€™m sure it will be back on here in a matter of days until they get the amount they want

Is there not a 90 day process to be able to sell a locker after default in payment?
This does not explain the lockers coming up again one week later.

I could be wrong here but, what I believe to be true as Iā€™ve been told by a facility. If the lockers goes 90 days in arrears they can list it. If the customer comes in and makes a payment, then the locker is removed. So as an example, if the locker is $250.00 a month and they go 3 months owing for $750.00.If they come in and pay $250.00, they are only 60 days in arrears. so in 30 days, the unit can go back up for auction if no further payment is made. I have seen the same locker up and down for months. Hope that makes sense and happy hunting.

Yeah but sometimes the locker comes back up the next week. I just saw one and there were actually 2 of those round facility locks cut on the floor.
I dont think there is a reasonable explanation for having a locker come back up the next week other than the facility didnt like the bidsā€¦especially if the locker is removed with 10 minutes to go in the bidding.

Ummmā€¦not in WA State. Your thinking while possible, is not probable in my opinion.
Our facility MAY, by WA State Law, sell a unit after 42 days of unpaid rent, fees, etc. (We wait until the 51st day after rent was due to auction it.)
Usually, if a customer remains in contact and has a plan to pay, we will try and work to let them pay at a later date. The unit would be removed from Bid13 at the time arrangements were made. Re posted if arrangements were not kept.
That being said, no communication= no waiting.

Also, a customer can come in to pay for their unit up until the very second I collect the money due from the buyer. EVEN IF, it has already been sold.

But the scenario described above, at least at our facility, would NOT BE TRUE due to we dont accept any partial payments, and they could never keep it unpaid for as long as the example above.
Hope this helps.

Hows this oneā€¦I bid on an auction thats was supposed to close today at 10am. I log in to see how its doing and I notice that it doesnt close now for 7 days. They extended the auction by a week at the last minute. I will add that facility to my black list.